blue

Friday, February 27, 2009

First Time for Everything...

Well, Claire is sick for the first time since she was born. She has been a little puny lately, but I thought she was cutting teeth. Thursday, we went to the pediatrician to make sure she wasn't anemic. When we got there, they weighed her (19lb 9 oz/5oth percentile) and checked her fever 102. I was shocked! She was showing no signs of anything other than her lack of a morning nap. They drew blood to check her iron. Dr. Greer check her ears. Perfect. Swabbed her nose. No flu. He was about to let me go until he checked her blood work. Her iron was a little low, but nothing to worry about. But, her white blood cell count was elevated to 15,000 (normal is 4,000-11,000). All he could figure is that it is some kind of sinus/cold infection. She is congested and her throat was red. He gave me an antiobiotic. I was not happy about that. I have put a lot of time, effort, and money into keeping her well. I guess we did really well to get her to 10 months with a clean bill of health. I am still kind of wondering what we are treating. But, I completely trust him.

We got the antibiotoic and headed home. Claire didn't take a good nap Thursday afternoon. I could tell she didn't feel well when she sat in my lap on the couch for about an hour. She NEVER does that. We watched a movie and ate a snack. She didn't sleep well last night because her fever wouldn't break. She had spit the liquid Tylenol out, so at 1:30am Bucky went to Wal-Mart to get the fast melts. She took one and went back to sleep until 7:30am this morning. We have had a pretty low key day. Claire and I went to Wal-Mart and hung out here. Bucky sold his old truck. We almost lost the sale because we couldn't find the title. Finally, after the guy had left and headed home, we found it. Bucky went and met him and is SOLD. Thank goodness! We are going to the field trial tomorrow in Union Springs if the weather allows. Hope everyone has a great weekend! I put up some pictures later.

No comments: