Monday, March 2, 2009

Back to Normal

This is as far out as Claire made it in the snow
You can't see, but the horses are in the barn

My favorite picture looking up our driveway

The Harkins came to Auburn this weekend

Claire at BabyGym the day we found out she was sick.

We had a great weekend. I was off Thur-Sun which is awesome! Claire and I had a great day Saturday but Bucky did not. He left us early to go to a field trial in Union Springs. Not 5 minutes after he left us, the weather started getting bad. Claire and I watched it and actually ended up sitting in our office during tornado sirens. We heard on the news that a tornado touched down at Chewacla State Park which is about 3 miles from our house. No damage here, thankfully. Just the loss of cable for a couple of hours. I decided not to go meet Bucky for lunch since the weather was iffy. Instead, Claire and I met our friends, the Harkins for lunch. We then went and let Claire and Smith play. While we were there, Bucky called to inform us that the buyer was bringing the truck back. Not good. Bucky was really mad and has been for a few days. He was a really young kid and didn't know what he was buying. I think his dad got involved and now we have to start all over. I knew it was too easy. Anyways, Allie came up and we watched Nights in Rodanthe while the cable was out. After that, we went to eat at Good Ol' Boys with the whole Harkins family. We always have so much fun with them and we miss them a lot. Everyone came back to our house to eat birthday cake for Mary's birthday.
Sunday, I got up and went to church to help with the nursery. Even though there was snow, there were a few people at church but no babies. Claire stayed home with Bucky and slept for 3 hours. They didn't need me in the nursery, so I enjoyed the contemporary service by myself. It was nice to not have to worry about an unhappy baby in the nursery. I came home and we ate lunch. Bucky and I played with Claire and Robbie and Allie came up for a while. I went to the gym and then the boys rode horses in the snow. Everything looked really pretty, but we didn't get out and play like everyone else. It kept snowing/raining/sleeting. I knew Claire would get wet and cold so we just ran outside for a quick picture. I honestly wouldn't have made one if Allie hadn't asked.
UPDATE: Claire is doing much better. I can tell she feels good. She has been playing, napping, and eating really well. I feel bad I didn't take her earlier. She seems like herself now. She is so sweet and really enjoys attention from me, Bucky, and Ashley. I am glad she is better. I was worried!
Please keep our friend, Laura, in your prayers. She is 36 weeks and in labor right now. Her BP has been high so pray for a good, safe delivery.

No comments: