blue

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Parties

I entered this picture in Regis and Kelly's Beautiful Baby Search
Claire and her best friend, Bud



Stealing people's toys
Making Valentine's cards with Daddy

Claire pushing Natalie out of the way
Ruca and Claire
Claire, Graham, and Camden

We have had a fun past two days with all of our Valentine's parties. Wednesday, we had our play group over for Valentine's Day and for Graham's 1st Birthday. It was a lot of fun. We had all of our friends here (minus a few) to play and eat. We always have so much fun with our playgroup. After they left, Claire took a 2.5 hour nap which was nice. She woke up kind of whiny, but changed her attitude when Daddy got home. We ate supper and then Bucky helped us make Valentine's cards for our baby gym. He went to town and had 10 cards done in less than 2 minutes. That was easier than I thought. Claire went to bed and she let me sleep until 6:30 this morning. That is a nice change from 5am. We got up and played. After her morning nap, we went to Baby Gym. On our way there, we saw a dog get hit by a big truck. It was the worst thing I have ever seen. I can't get it out of my head. Poor dog. He was just looking the wrong way. Anyways, we had fun at baby gym. We exchanged Valentine's and made some crafts. Always fun. Claire and I ran into TJ Maxx. I swear I could spend hours and thousands in that store. We got away with 2 books. Then we went to the hospital for a weekly group. We had fun playing with everyone. Claire is now one of the older babies that goes. She seems so big and active compared to the little, sweet ones. She is all over the place. In people's diaper bags, playing with car seats, and begging for Cheerios. It keeps me busy. Needless to say, I am no longer sitting with her while she plays. I am chasing right behind her making sure she doesn't beat anyone up for a toy or something. We had a fun afternoon together. We swang outside and played with toys. I really enjoy my days off with her, especially when I can just play and not do housework. I will catch up on that tomorrow!
*If anyone has any suggestions on:
~Disciplining
~Spitting out food
Please let me know. Claire is a sweet baby, but we have to correct her sometimes.

1 comment:

Alli and Korey said...

Claire is so precious Meredith! I love all her pics and totaly think she should win Regis and Kelly search! As for discipline ... I am already starting to worry I am too much of a softy. So many of my mommy friends have told me I should let Eli cry it out at night but so far I have just not had the heart. Have you ever done that with Claire? I guess I just never thought I would need to dicipline him as a baby. But you are so right you have to start sometime and I do not want to raise a misbehaving child. This mom gig is so hard!!!