blue

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lately

Shelby, 2 weeks3 weeks Claire saying, "Mama, she's crying"


It is hard to believe it has been a month since we had our sweet baby girl. Things have been busy, but great around here. Claire has been the best big sister we could have asked for. She is so sweet to Shelby and says things like "I love her so much" and "she is just precious" on a daily basis. It has really helped our transition that Claire is not jealous. It just solidifies that we were blessed with our second daughter at the right time for our family.


Shelby is a sweet girl too. She is really strong and can hold her head up well. She is gaining weight great and seems to really be looking at her surroundings more. She loves to nap and sleep right next to me. I love to hear her sweet sounds and especially to hold her close. Overall, we have a great month. This is what we have been doing to fill our days:


~fighting a nasty diaper rash that won't seem to go away

~planning Claire's 3rd Birthday Party

~getting ready for Easter

~putting together Claire's swing set for her birthday (only Bucky, obviously)

~cleaning up the yard from several storms

~writing thank you notes and sending out birth announcements

~finishing both girls rooms (I will post pictures soon)

~trying to get on a schedule which Shelby has easily adapted to

~running errands

~enjoying delicious meals from our wonderful friends

~not trying to think about loosing the baby weight :)

~several doctors appointments for all members of the family. Don't worry, we are all healthy

~getting a lot of help from both grandmothers

~signing up for swim lessons this summer and ballet lessons this fall

~getting my closet and Shelby's closet cleaned out and organized


That's all I can think of now. I have to keep myself busy or I may go crazy. I am really enjoying my time off. I love being home with both girls and knowing I don't have anywhere to really be until June 18th when I return to work. I have a few more projects to finish, but mostly trying to enjoy my girls and count my blessings!

2 comments:

SAM said...

Meredith,
Hey I am Stephanie (Rhodes) McCurley. Do you remember me??? This is so crazy that I found your blog through another friend's blog I was reading! Your girls are precious! And congratulations on the newest one! Tim says to tell Bucky hello from him!

Carla said...

i see shelby wearing her little easter onesie! cute :) ....i didn't know ya'll signed up for swimming lessons- where? when?