blue

Friday, December 17, 2010

Great Friends!

Laura, Megan, Michelle, Elyse, Carla, me, and Lizzy at our Bunco Christmas Party
Nicole, Yucel, Lilianna, Kristi, Carla, Julie, Carmen, Abi, Kym, me, Lindsey, Lane, Deanna, Donna, and Emily and our Christmas MNO

I must admit, after all of my friends graduated from Auburn and left, I thought I would hate living in Auburn. On many occasions, I begged Bucky to move back to Birmingham. He politely refused and basically told me to get over it. Not long after that, I got in touch with a few of my sorority sisters and we decided to start a Bunco group. That was almost 6 years ago. Our Bunco group has grown and changed. We have met new people and added to our own families. Needless to say, without them, I would not feel that same way about Auburn.
Then, Claire and I were introduced to wonderful group of ladies through the EAMC breastfeeding support group. We would meet once a week at the hospital to weigh in and talk about what was going on with our babies. We have stayed together as a toddler group celebrating birthdays and new babies. It is an AMAZING group of mothers who are truly inspiring with their selflessness and nurturing personalities.
I love these two groups of women. Their friendships mean so much to me. I always look forward to my time with them. You each make me a better person, wife, and mother.
Merry Christmas to all my special ladies!

1 comment:

The Patterson Family said...

I saw your sweet mother in law at the post office yesterday! I hope you guys are doing well :)